Whether you’re going on your honeymoon the day after your wedding or you’d prefer to wait for a more opportune time, kickstart your married life by conquering and exploring a part of the world together.
Whether you’ve visited these locations solo, with your best friend, or even family, there’s nothing like going back with your new spouse and recreating new memories. Or, perhaps they’ll be a first for both of you.
From city breaks to secluded private islands and long-haul flights over the Pacific Ocean, we’ve listed the top 10 honeymoon destinations in the world.
- VENICE, ITALY: Ah, the City of Love. Take in the sights of this floating water city via gondola as you’re serenaded by an accordion. Pure bliss.
- PARIS, FRANCE: Eiffel Tower. Mona Lisa. Notre Dame. Need we say more?
- HAWAII, USA: Escape to the tropical, golden beaches of Hawaii in the USA. Relax beachside or explore one of the many active volcanoes on the island. Oh, and don’t forget to do a bit of shopping!
- BALI, INDONESIA: There’s something for every kind of couple. For a relaxing time, receive daily massages and lounge by the pool at your five-star luxury beachside resort. For the adventurous honeymooners? There’s many water sports available.
- GIRAFFE MANOR, KENYA: Love animals and want to witness them in their natural habitat? Then you’ve got to stay at Giraffe Manor, where you can feed the giraffes while you enjoy local cuisine!
- FLORENCE, ITALY: The second time that Italy has been featured on our list, Florence is for the history buffs. The birthplace of Renaissance, enjoy a mix of relaxation, romance and culture from the language of love.
- ICEHOTEL, SWEDEN: Want to escape the heat? Then you can’t miss ICEHOTEL in Sweden. As the name suggests, the entire hotel is made of ice. Expect lots of snuggles to keep warm.
- NEW YORK CITY, USA: For the newlyweds who want to do touristy things, NYC is the place to be. From Times Square to Broadway, the Statue of Liberty and The Empire State Building, you’ll need at least a month to see everything this concrete jungle has to offer. You might even be able to spot your fave celeb wandering the streets incognito!
- SANTORINI, GREECE: This famous white and blue hilltop city offers incredible views of crystal-clear waters, souvlakis, and wine tasting. You won’t need to look far to witness couples all over the world tying the knot in one of the gorgeous churches in Santorini.
- BORA BORA, FRENCH POLYNESIA: You’re sure to escape the hustle and bustle of city life at this secluded and remote destination. Known for its scuba diving and protected coral reefs, this one’s for the couple who wants to sunbake all day and do nothing else.
We’re guessing by now you probably can’t wait to get married just so you can hit the honeymoon suite! But before you catch that flight, there’s the hens day to organise! Make your final fling before the ring an unforgettable – and classy – event with Hens.com.au. Contact our friendly staff on 03 9981 9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll make sure your send-off from singledom is nothing short of extraordinary.