It’s a time-honoured tradition but if your bride-to-be doesn’t feel up to the festivities, then there’s no pressure to throw her a hens party. Whatever her reasons – she personally finds a night of debauchery ‘tacky’, she has family conflicts, or she’s even expecting – it’s important that you respect her wishes.
As a bridesmaid or maid of honour, you might have been waiting for this moment since the proposal. After all, it’s only natural to want to honour your girl as she begins her journey from Miss to Mrs. So, it’s a bit of a predicament: how do you respect her wishes while letting her know you think she’s special enough to celebrate?
We have a few tips to help you reach a happy compromise.
Hosting an alternative hens party
While we love nothing more than a night out in our very own private function, complete with decadent cocktails and the latest top 40 tracks playing in the background, we do love these day-time activities that are perfect for the low-key bride-to-be:
- Day spa weekend: An oldie but a goodie. This is the ultimate treat for the bride and her closest friends. There’s a ton of hen-friendly day spas all across Melbourne, who offer great pamper packages. From full-body massages to facials, you and your girls will have that beautiful wedding glow!
- Flower crown-making course: If she’s the ultimate DIY queen, then she is sure to appreciate this return to Mother Nature. Using fresh flowers of your choice, you learn to weave and create a beautiful flower crown to take home.
- Cocktail/cooking course: This unique celebration is perfect for the foodie. A hen party idea with a difference, learn new skills as you learn to whip up a signature cocktail, spaghetti Bolognese or even your fave dessert with a professional on hand to guide you.
- HUCKS: Wait, what? Let us elaborate. A HUCKS is a joint hens and bucks night. Growing in popularity, it’s a great way to get the boys and girls together before the big day… and sure, it also ensures the boys don’t get too carried away with the festivities…
- Glamping: Before you say, “no way”, keep in mind that glamping is nothing like camping. In fact, you get to enjoy the great outdoors while staying in a gorgeous and generous-sized tent, complete with all the luxuries of a five-star hotel. Think rugs, fresh linen, blankets, pillows… and yes, even electricity. Doesn’t sound so bad now, does it?
The experts at organising a non-hens day
We don’t want to brag but at hens.com.au, we’ve been known to host a few incredible bachelorette parties – as well as just-as-fun-and-memorable alternative hens celebrations. Our functions and event team has extensive experience in personalising an event just for the bride-to-be… so it won’t feel like a hens, but more of a celebration honouring her new title.
From private rooms to henna artists and much more, speak to us about our exclusive party packages that are tailored to your bride’s-to-be needs. Call us on (03) 9981 9000 today.